On Our Way

A running commentary on how things are going as we careen through this season in the States before launching for Tanzania. Written in haste.... On our way

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tanzania

We have lived great chunks of our lives in Africa, Europe and the United States. My name is Lisa, and I'm finding my way.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

April News

Friends!

It’s April (and I pulled a good April fool on Byron! See “This Morning” on my personal blog

This past weekend I purchased our tickets to Tanzania! We fly 14 May. Six weeks and counting! We are deliriously excited and significantly freaked out. Agh!

What remains to be done?

*Quite a few dinners and coffees with people that we need and want to see.
*The final decisions/arrangements for shipping, insurance etc.
*Final decisions/orders for school materials.
*Paperwork/student loans and setting things in place for Trevor next year at Westmont.
*Shopping for what he needs to take to college with him.
*About one million injections we need to endure between the six of us.
*Dental appointments for most of us.
*The small matter of getting the website up. (Call me Procrastinator with a capital P!)
*Send another newsletter out snail mail.
*Welcome the Russells when they arrive for a couple of months in the States.
*Wild Hope board meetings.
*Making sure we haven’t let anything undone!
*And more time with family :-)

Things to celebrate!

*Wild Hope has purchased its second Land Cruiser with funds we’ve raised so the car we’ll drive will soon be shipped from Gibraltar to Tanzania!
*Even though we purchased our tickets fairly late, we got great rates.
*We have many kind supporters and praying friends.
*God is faithful even though I doubt, fear, shake my fists at him, worry, stress and generally make a mess of this walk of faith.

I’ll keep it short now.

lisa xx

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

You are now days away from departure and I'm praying for you often. I pray for good closure to this chapter, safe and smooth travel, and swift adjustment back into life in Africa. Please let me know if there are other specific ways I can pray for your family!

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home