On Our Way

A running commentary on how things are going as we careen through this season in the States before launching for Tanzania. Written in haste.... On our way

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tanzania

We have lived great chunks of our lives in Africa, Europe and the United States. My name is Lisa, and I'm finding my way.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Dismissed!

At the end of my second long day at one of the court buildings in LA, I was suddenly and unceremoniously dismissed from service.

Thanks for prayers! We really need my hands on deck over the next two weeks as we keep working on the tasks before us.

I had finally resigned myself to the fact that I'd be involved in the trial I had been called up for and they said it was going to take 9-10 working days. Several prospective jurors eliminated themselves by the way they answered their questions but they never asked me anything that I couldn't answer with one simple little "yes." They hadn't asked me anything for hours when I was suddenly booted.

Do you think the Lord sends fits of yawning? That's the only thing I can think of that made the attorneys send me home. I was overcome all day long with big yawns. No one else in court house was yawning! I was so embarrassed!

Well, I'm thankful to have been released, whatever the reason :-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

I am so curious...just where in Tanzania you will be going?

7:22 AM  
Blogger lisa said...

Hi Rebecca!
We are moving to Arusha at the foot of Kilimanjaro :-)

9:58 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Ah..Arusha..memories...my father in law opened the air traffic control tower ther and got bitten on the butt by an enthussiastic female wanting in to see the whole thing.....my personal memories of Arusha..singing singing singing..it always involved music in my youth.........................my latest trip was just to Dodoma and the surrounding villages -courtesy of MAF

12:53 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

you've got quite a history there.... and i've never even been!! well, soon enough I guess :-)

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you savvy blogista!
running two at once!
love you and miss you! hope to see you before thanksgiving!
jesse

5:36 PM  
Blogger Jenelle said...

Jesse called you 'blogista'! I like that. It's portugized for "blog queen."

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home