On Our Way

A running commentary on how things are going as we careen through this season in the States before launching for Tanzania. Written in haste.... On our way

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tanzania

We have lived great chunks of our lives in Africa, Europe and the United States. My name is Lisa, and I'm finding my way.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

February Update

*My time in the UK was excellent and I have to say that I am blessed, blessed, blessed to serve the 24-7prayer movement

*Trevor’s trip to India with my Dad was also excellent. He loved staying in local homes and especially loved Job and Joyce, two godly Indians of grandparently age who impressed him deeply with their lives.

*Byron was able to gather with friends in the Netherlands for the memorial service for Deela and it meant a lot to him to be able to go. Please keep praying for Al and the kids. Thanks.

Coming up--

*Jesse and his friends have been hosting a week of prayer on campus, Feb 4-11. The response has been so strong that they are extending for a second week. Pray for the students as they tag team through the 168 hours of each week in the presence of their King. Byron and I have been up and down to Santa Barbara during the week to help host the prayer room.

*This Sunday I speak at King’s Couriers, an adult class at Lake Ave Church. Byron will be with the soccer-playing Colin at a tournament all weekend.

*Feb 15-25 our family will be in the Seattle area to visit four churches and a number of friends. We’ll invade my sister’s home, which will be fun :-)

Pray us out of here!

*While none of us are eager to leave Jesse behind, we are all incredibly eager to get our life in Tanzania started. We are very encouraged that 50% of our out-going funds have been raised but we can’t buy our tickets until more of that has come in. We also need a bit of a boost in our monthly regular giving. Keep praying! I have a simple one for you, “Dear Lord, send them money fast!” Ha ha! The yen is at a record low right now and we’re thinking it’s a good time to buy the car so Byron is getting all excited.

Thank you for prayers, kind words and gifts of support!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

all sounding great! I'd love to hear more of Trevor's trip to India..espec. about why he was impressed by the granparently types..

bless you bordens!

mikey L and the rest of the lanes.

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home