On Our Way

A running commentary on how things are going as we careen through this season in the States before launching for Tanzania. Written in haste.... On our way

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tanzania

We have lived great chunks of our lives in Africa, Europe and the United States. My name is Lisa, and I'm finding my way.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Encouraged/Discouraged

As I've recently mentioned, we are very encouraged because funds are strong and it looks like we'll make our departure date of May something.

But we're feeling discouraged as well. About 90% of the funds we projected for buying the truck, purchasing plane tickets, shipping our stuff etc have come in and that's fantastic. But as Byron sat down and did the math this last week he's found hidden costs that are throwing us off.

The shippers who are sending our stuff from Portugal to Tanzania need about $5,000 more than we had anticipated. Ug! Air fares have increased. We are being advised to buy solar panels and batteries, which we did not plan for at the beginning... etc etc.

My emotions go up and down with the good news and the bad news. I need to tie my emotions to the faithfulness of God instead of the balance or the bills.

Sigh. Always growing on this path!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very exciting and inspiring! i will be praying...
mike.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

You Bordens are wonderful.

That's all I really have to say for now.

12:46 AM  
Blogger whitney said...

Lord release your provision. Give them cool adventures with you Jesus on the way out of the states. Bless those who give to them abundantly...
Bless you guys....

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home